21 Years of Responsible Banking
Laxmi Bank was established in 2002 as the 16th commercial bank in Nepal. Today, through its branches and a host of IT enabled channels, the Bank serves a wide range of customers. Despite a relatively short history, Laxmi Bank has emerged as a major player across all business lines – retail, midmarket, corporate, infrastructure and treasury. The Bank is widely recognized as one of the best-managed banks in Nepal with high standards of corporate governance culture, risk-management systems and a strong technology.
Branching Out Into Microfinance
Laxmi Bank’s microfinance subsidiary – Laxmi Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Ltd, a category D financial institution licensed by Nepal Rastra Bank is in operation since 2012 and has a network of 90 branches with loans of over NPR 7.52 billion.
Similarly, Laxmi Bank’s investment banking subsidiary – Laxmi Capital Market Ltd, licensed by the Securities Board of Nepal manages three mutual fund schemes under Laxmi Mutual Fund –
Laxmi Equity Fund, Laxmi Unnati Kosh, and open-ended scheme, Shubha Laxmi Kosh which are listed and traded at the Nepal Stock Exchange.
The Bank closed the previous financial year 2021/22 with a balance sheet size of NPR 173 billion that includes deposits and risk assets of NPR 139 billion and NPR 132 billion respectively. All key financial indicators of the Bank are well within prudential and regulatory norms.
What Drives Us To Be The Best
- We believe relationships are more important than transactions and will strive to offer the best customer experience keeping our clients at the front and center in order to realize their economic potential.
- We will expand physically and digitally to allow customers to access us through the channel of their choice and leverage technology to help make banking smart, simple and secure.
- We believe in responsible banking and adopt high standards of governance, transparency, ethics and integrity across the company.
- We understand our responsibilities extend beyond financial services and will actively invest in the communities where we operate and work towards being a green company reducing our carbon footprint for a sustainable future.
- We will use the power of people and ideas to create sustainable value to all our stakeholders through one engaged and empowered team.